Ed Henry fired from Fox News over sexual misconduct allegation

Ed Henry fired from Fox News over sexual misconduct allegation

Ed Henry fired from Fox News

“On Thursday, June 25, we received a complaint about Ed Henry from a former employee’s lawyer for intentional sexual misconduct in the workplace for years,” wrote Susan News, CEO of Fox News. and President Jay Wallace, in an email to employees.

General Manager Suzanne Scott, President and CEO and editor Jay Wallace described the situation as “a very serious matter” in an internal memo sent to workers Wednesday earlier and shared with NPR and other media. Sandra Smith, hostess to Henry participating in the American Newsroom, informed the audience of the show earlier Wednesday morning. Henry did not respond to detailed requests for comment

NPR has learned that the network has given Henry prestigious roles despite another CEO’s warning that it could undermine Fox’s efforts to reform workplace culture. Many executives and stars on the air have been evicted after facing a storm of sexual harassment in recent years. Several former colleagues told NPR that Henry had repeatedly searched for young workers during his time at Fox.

Henry, 48, joined the CNN network in 2011 and became a Fox reporter for the White House. In 2016, he was kicked out of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign after newspapers revealed his extramarital affair with a Las Vegas host.

Scott Wallace said that Henry “was suspended the same day and removed from on-air responsibilities” while an outside law firm was investigating the matter.

They said, “Based on the results of the investigation, Ed was fired.”

Scott Wallace said that “periodic dockings” would fill Henry, who was co-host of the channel’s morning show, “American Newsroom“, until a permanent alternative was named.

“Fox journalism strictly prohibits all forms of sexual harassment, misconduct and discrimination,” said Scott Wallace. “We will continue to strive to maintain a safe and inclusive workplace for all employees.”

Henry did not respond to requests for comment, but on Wednesday afternoon, his lawyer, Catherine Foti, said he intended to clarify his name.

“Ed Henry denies the allegations mentioned in the Fox announcement and is confident that he will be acquitted after a full hearing in an appropriate forum,” said Foti.

“Ed Henry denies the allegations mentioned in the Fox announcement and is confident that he will be acquitted after a full hearing in an appropriate forum,” said Foti.

Several Fox News reporters told NPR at the time that Fox News chief Roger Isles was angry because he thought the news of the case would prevent Henry from putting pressure on Clinton’s campaign against the former President Clinton’s infidelity and allegations of misconduct. Henry was expelled from the White House and the political team and reassigned to the Washington position.

The charge, which sparked the shooting, was laid Thursday by a former NY colleague, Douglas Wigdor. Fox had previously paid $ 10 million to settle sex discrimination and racism cases against the network on behalf of the 18 other former employees it represented for Wiigador.

The alleged incident that led to Henry’s murder happened several years ago. His work ended after almost four years until the day when a wave of accusations of sexual harassment and coercion triggered the release of the network’s fixed number: Isles himself.

 

reported by NPR

Semilar topics you might like:

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *