Florida coronavirus patient went from diagnosis to dying in her daughter’s arms in a matter of days

Florida coronavirus patient went from diagnosis to dying in her daughter’s arms in a matter of days

Florida coronavirus patient went from diagnosis

Hortensia Lorenz was approaching her 70th birthday when she was diagnosed with coronavirus on July 2. Her grandson Diego Ferrera told CNN that she had spent her last days navigating the Florida health care system with a rapidly evolving illness.

“My grandmother was alone, she was scared,” said Ferrera.

More than 3.3 million people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the United States since the start of the epidemic, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Florida has been hit hard.

The state has reported more coronavirus infections than most other countries in the world, leaving Florida hospitals cumbersome.

A few days after her diagnosis, she died of the virus – wrapped in her daughter’s arms – on the way back to the hospital.

Everyone is afraid.
Ferrera said her family was on the way for their annual July 6 trip to the west coast of Florida, but a week before Lorenz’s reunion, they began to feel uncomfortable.

The illness said the illness started with stomach symptoms, but Lawrence’s daughters quickly noticed that it was very weak and illogical.

Late Wednesday, July 1, her daughter transferred her to Memorial Hospital in Pembroke Pines, Florida, Ferrera said. Due to viral precautions, her aunt was unable to stay in hospital with Lawrence, who suffered from latent disorders, including diabetes, and did not speak English.

Ferrera said in the early hours of Thursday morning that the hospital had called the family to tell them that Lorenz had been diagnosed with the Corona virus. During a phone call from the hospital, Lawrence shouted to her family that she was afraid.

According to a medical document provided by Ferrera, she was released at around 3 a.m. on Thursday with instructions to take prescriptions and contact her doctor for follow-up advice within two days. But her family had no way of contacting her directly, as she did not have a cell phone with her, and it was six o’clock in the morning before the hospital informed her that she could come and pick her up, a he declared.

The hospital system said it could not comment on the specific condition of Lorenz but admission decisions are based on a number of factors and on the doctor’s assessment.

Ferrera said Thursday night she still did not feel well and her daughter transferred her to another location at Memorial Memorial Hospital. She was again diagnosed with Covid-19 and prescribed new drugs for her symptoms, according to documents provided by Fereira.

Although hospital documents asked him to schedule a follow-up visit around July 4, Ferrera said the doctors’ offices were closed due to the holidays and had made an appointment earlier this week.

But Ferrera said Lawrence did not arrive that day.

Lorenz’s daughter took care of her over the weekend. Ferrera said she had a bad day on Saturday with fever, chills and body aches, but seemed to have improved on Sunday. From Sunday evening to Monday morning, she had a chest ache, had trouble breathing and was sweating profusely.

Ferrera says he woke up Monday morning to a 2 am letter from his father declaring that Lawrence was going to be taken to hospital in an ambulance with his daughters.

He said that in his aunt’s arms, Ferrera was found in the ambulance. EMT looked, froze, and told his aunt Ferrera that she had to get rid of him.

He said, “It shows that everyone is afraid.”

Ferreira said medical workers tried to revive her in the hospital, but failed.

Ferrera lives near the Pembroke hospital where her grandmother took her in her last moments, and says she finds her death every day.

He said, “I hear ambulances coming to this hospital every two hours.” “Think about it, my mother must have seen my poor grandmother in an ambulance attached to life-saving appliances … she is so new.”

The same day he heard ambulances transporting more patients to the state hospital with escalations, Ferrera said it was disappointing to see people passing without masks as if nothing different.

Caregiver and Lord in search of better health care
The family gathered in a small group for their funeral on Wednesday. Most of them had to join online because many of those who called Lawrence a great-grandmother, grandmother, grandmother, sister, aunt and girlfriend lived in Colombia or Venezuela.

reported by whdh

Semilar topics you might like:

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *